The girls also dug out my old dolls and played with them a while. I had fun telling them how "old" the dolls are and things I remember about getting them. The yellow-haired pseudo-Cabbage patch doll on the left is on Grandma Chancellor made for us one year for Christmas. Another Christmas, I got the honest-to-goodness Cabbage Patch sitting next to the yellow-haired doll. (My niece was amused when I told her you can tell a REAL Cabbage Patch doll by the signature on it's backside.) :-) The red-headed Strawberry Shortcake Kissing Baby doll was one I got for Christmas when I was 8. Grandma asked me specifically what I wanted, and I wanted that doll. I was thrilled to get it that Christmas. The small Fisher Price doll was a doll I received when I was a year old for my birthday. It's held up pretty well, all things considered. The larger doll on the right is a doll I got when I turned 2. It's seen some abuse (my brothers delighted in tormenting us girls by putting our dolls on the ground and jumping on them from time to time) and lots of loving and could use a new cloth body.
Other favorite toys were:
- Adjustable, old, metal roller skates that we used to learn to skate on the sloping part of the concrete driveway.
- Bicycles - especially the blue 9-speed I got for my 9th birthday. But just about any bike would do. :-)
- Books (or can't you tell that from the pictures?) :-)
- Balls - basketballs, soccer balls, baseballs, tennis balls... and sometimes our brothers even let us play with them. :-) Horse, 4-square, and catch were probably my favorite ball-games. I did (a long time ago) learn how to throw a football, but am long since out of practice.
- Board games
1 comment:
I for sure didn't like dolls for very long... I grew out of them rather quickly... However, I had a few special ones that I would try to sew clothes with my own made-up patterns and hand-stitch them... one of them was really good, but I didn't finish it. :( (it took too long! lol) I liked legos, and I REALLY liked my play teacher kit. :-) I started out young, teaching my sisters all that I learned in school! :) I liked family games like Mouse Trap and other more interactive board games.... :)
Post a Comment